Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Started Blogging!

This is my First Blog ever! I am glad I finally came up with my blog title (though cliched :) ). I have been thinking for a while now whether I really need to start a blog as I already have a full time job and two kids to take care of. But Thanks to the encouragement from my husband and some friends, I finally started writing.

Its been six good and memorable years that I have been married with 2 kids and I still remember how I used to be before marriage. Blessed to be born in a country like India where you get things done while lazing around in a couch. I think you are able to guess where I am getting at. If not let me get to the point. I never cooked before marriage :). I got married and came to US and we used to eat out every single day. Then I decided to give cooking a try. Bought all the necessary stuff, called mom for the recipes. It first seemed like a Mission possible..Man it was such a disaster.


Finally after 2-3 days, I tired again with the help of my husband this time and I was able to come up with tasteful dish. I was so glad and from then up until now, I have been cooking, trying, inventing, failing and retrying the recipes. Here in the process I welcome you on board for suggestions, applauses and conservative criticisms :)

17 comments:

  1. Good start Meghs :) Like the intro.

    Lemme know if you wanna add my recipes to your blog :->

    Welcome to the blogging WORLD - SANTOOR mommy.

    ---Krishna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs...great to see your blog :)..can't wait to see/try ur first recipe..great start...keep it goin!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice 2 see ur blog.......post the recipes fast yaar!!!!! ...we r wiating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey meghana.. gr8 way to start. love ur enthu. waiting to try ur recipes..:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all :). I will post the recipes soon.
    @Krishna- Yea definitely..Lemme try them first and will post to my blog..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meghana, gr8 2 see ur blog!! Post the recipes, i will cook for my husband...haha!!!

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey nice to see your blog.God how will you get time to do all this. you are really gr8, iam struggling with one kid..........anyway all the best and hope your blog's going to be a good success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey meghana nice start even I want to start blogging I don't know when I will.....
    But coming to ur blog I am confused u started cooking now or in early days of ur married life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gud luck babe.... waitin for sm yummy food :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all :)
    @Sarvani- I have started cooking when I got married.
    @Neelima akka- Exactly the same point I tried to make in this post. I don't know how will I be able to manage :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good going Meghana. Post your NV recipes when you get time. Specially the mutton curry. Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sure Vijitha..As soon as I make it..Just pictures kosam waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Meghana,nice to see ur blog.all the best...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Sirisha
    @Deepu- Ela vachindi chepu :)

    ReplyDelete